Empire State Building

Those philistine security guards at the Empire State took my dad's Swiss Army knife off me. I was given a ticket to reclaim it on my way out, but it slipped my mind. And the knife was probably an imitation anyway. Still, I remain incensed.

I went up the Empire State Building for the sake of tourism. There are some things one must undergo when seeking to fulfill a certain experience. Fulfilment often necessitates an obligatory deed. If you're a tourist in NY, Empire State's got to be done. Simple. Woe, my alternative counter-culture mentality is ebbing like the tide. I am becoming... mainstream.

I could've gone up the Rockefeller. But who'd want to sanction that faux-philanthropic monopolist? Not I. All those industrialists were the same I suppose: Rockefeller, Frick, whoever built the Empire State...

The view was great though. A bit smoggy, but great. The sun had just gone down, and the Hudson glowed red in the fading light.