I left Manhattan the same way I had entered, on the A train. With a heavier suitcase, an NY education & a homeward-bound nostalgia. Friday evening, a window seat on JetBlue; we waited in a queue of about 30 planes on the tarmac at JFK. I pity those who must fly often. But that's just the way it is a the big airports. It was dark by the time we took off. I followed the map through the flight, saw the lights of what I thought were Philadelphia, Cincinnati, St Louis, Kansas City, Wichita, etc. We crossed the time zones, I watched the Simpsons, & by 10pm we were landing at San Jose CA. It was incredibly busy, but I found my bags intact, found Barbara & Brent, I was happy.

Returning to Mountain View was a little like coming home. Familiar territory. Back at B&B's there was coffee, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, a comfortable bed, and my surplus pile of vinyl and cds.

Saturday, I arose at leisure, being in no hurry to inspect nearby museums, monuments, icons & suchlike. Simply basking in the glory of a completed journey. We drove down the coast to Monterey

View Larger Map